Update #03 - A LOT of progress 💪🏻
This week, I executed the migration from the old proof-of-concept cluster (
to the first production cluster (
c02). This cluster supports a completely rewritten
version of the software that was running on
c01. Not only is
c02 able to easilly
monitor 100,000 websites every minute with just 4 nodes, it also supports all
different kinds of monitoring.
Some of the upcoming monitor types that are possible thanks to the migration to
- SSL certificate monitoring
- DNS server monitoring
- SMTP monitoring
Not only does the new cluster come with completely revamped software, it is also built on a very resilient database cluster.
The migration to
c02 went relatively smoothly. There were some hickups along the way
but nothing that wasn’t fixable. However, there are a few things that did change.
- Passwords have been reset: Due to the completely new software core, the password hashing has been updated. This is why everyone has to update their password. You can do that here: Reset your password.
- app.uptimeproject.io: The dashboard has been moved to
It is always hard to sum up all the changes with updates like this, because the majority of improvements has been made under the hood. The next update will have more visible features.
Here are just a few of the planned features to look forward to:
- Notification channels
- Support for SSL, DNS and SMTP monitoring
- At least a dozen more, but that will be a surprise ;)